Ayurvedic Yoga Massage Therapy
In this therapy training we will be working with two ancient sciences of India – Yoga and Ayurveda Massage. This massage combines deep penetrating strokes with Iyengar Yoga based stretches, which are gentle, orderly and progressive. The postures are adjusted to meet the conditions and needs of each receiver. The massage is done on floor with special herb and oil to stimulate the circulatory and lymphatic systems, helping to eliminate toxins and to improve vital energy.
Ayurvedic Yoga Massage helps to improve posture, breathing, flexibility and mobility, restoring the energetic balance. By working on body-mind structure it also helps to connect and bring awareness to the body-mind, inviting the healing from deepest core, cleansing it from blockages that is vital to the physical, mental and spiritual health.
The Ayurvedic Yoga Massage Therapy uses Indian wisdoms such as Ayurveda, Yoga, Kusum Modak’s Ayurvedic Yoga Massage, and Meditations to work on physical, mental, emotional and soul level to bring perfect health, wholeness and blissfulness.
Ayurvedic Yoga Massage is a traditional deep tissue massage based on yoga stretches. Master Kusum Modak has devoted all her life for Ayurvedic Yoga Massage developing this art to its highest potential. Dr. Sanjivani/Taruna, one of her students, is offering trainings all over the world, combining her knowledge as surgeon with the experience of facilitating meditations and Yoga teaching.
The main aim of this training is to teach the Ayurvedic Yoga Massage techniques in its purest form as taught by master Kusum Modak, who has dedicated all her life for this work. In this training we will learn:
- Yoga based self-awareness exercises
- Basic anatomy and patho-physiology
- Traditional Ayurvedic deep massage techniques, Kusum Modak’s approach, using hands and feet
- Iyenger Yoga based stretches to treat as well as prevent various ailments in the body like backache; cervical spondylitis; joint pains; digestive, respiratory and menstrual disorders, etc
- How to use footwork for going deep into the body, treating the deep seated holding patterns and giving emotional release
- Understanding of various ailments happening in the body and how to prevent and treat it
- Various meditation techniques
- Spontaneous Celebrations
After the training, the participant will be able to create a 60 or 90 min. session, depending upon the need of each body-mind system. Certificate and Training Manual will be given after the successful completion of the training.
Course Duration: 7, 15 or 21 Days Training (comprising of teachings and practice of massage, meditation and yoga exercises).
Food and Accommodation covered.
The training is open to all who are interested to know their own body/mind system and heal themselves and also for those who wants to be a professional therapist using master Kusum Modak’s method. All the material necessary during the course, like oil and powder, pillows, stools, blankets, etc. will be provided.
The participant should be aware that this is an intense training. They should be willing to work for long hours.The sessions are oily. Please bring enough comfortable clean cotton t-shirts or ‘kurtas’ and leggings for the training.
Ayurvedic food without wheat and sugar is part of the training.
Work meditation is part of the training.
Things you should know...
- If later, you decide to join Kusum Modak’s Diploma School and Research Institute , recognized on National as well as International level, ( paper work in progress), participation in this training, will offer you special benefits.
- Participation in this training means you are supporting Annahita NGO for its social work in a remote tribal area.